Episode No: 27
Title: Peer Pressure
Kevin suggests to Lisa and Rodney that the show would get higher ratings if someone mooned the camera. They agree that it is a good idea, and he should be the one to do it ... unless he's chicken. Of course, Moose comes in just in time and stops Kevin because they would get taken off the air.
Meanwhile, Moose tries to introduce the show as being about "Peer Pressure," but is misinterpreted when two British Peers (from the House of Lords, which could be described as the British Senate) start bumping her and knocking her down, and when Rodney drops a pier on Kevin's foot and proceeds to step on his foot as well.
At Barth's, there is a running sketch where Kevin is picked on by Rodney, Lisa, and Christine, who are sporting the latest fashions -- baby bonnets and, later, diapers.
At the end of the show, Lisa and Rodney once again try to talk Kevin into mooning the camera, but Christine stops him in the nick of time, again, and hopes the network censor wasn't watching.
Also, the show features the finals of the Magnavox Odyssey video game contest, and the banana split-eating contest. At the point in the show when Moose usually tells the audience the location of the roving camera, she avoids the subject, which is explained in the closing.
- The clip of Billy Joel in this episode is borrowed from a Saturday Night Live episode.
- Christine avoids giving the location of the roving camera throughout the show, and, in the closing, she explains that it is the last show of the series, hence, no reason to send the roving camera out. While she does talk about how there might be another series (as the scene is played more as the end of a season since there is always the option that a series won't be picked up for another season), it seems somewhat obvious that the show's future was unsure at this point.
- In one family scene, it is obvious that there is a hand giving the bird drawn on the cover of Lisa's notebook.
- Ross does not appear in this episode.
- At the end of the Video Game segment, Captain Video (the heavily costumed host of the segments, and owner of the store the segments plugged) walks over to Moose and gives her a kiss (apparently, unscripted).
Original Air Date: April 18, 1981
US Air Date: March 24, 1982
Starring: Jonothan Gebert, Rodney Helal, Les Lye, Christine McGlade, Lisa Ruddy, Kevin Schenk
Writers: Geoffrey Darby, Roger Price, the crew
Director: Geoffrey Darby
STAGE POLLUTIONGreen Slime: Jonothan Gebert
Water: Christine McGlade (2)
16 Tons: Jonothan Gebert
- Joe Dolce - "Shaddup Ya Face"
- Siouxsie and the Banshees - "Christine"
- Billy Joel - "Only The Good Die Young"