Episode No: 13
Title: Episode Thirteen
Mr. Dime is exercising at the beginning of the program to prepare for the Meters for Millions walk and throws out his back. Sarah spends most of the show trying to give him a dose of Geritol.
Broadcasting live from Checkpoint 4 at the Meters for Millions walk; the gang interviews several of the young participants and performs a few live sketches on location. At the walk, the kids are considered to be playing and therefore, aren't being paid. During the pre-recorded disco dancing, numbers scroll across the bottom of the screen to gather pledge for their sponsored walker, Todd Davies. It's explained that money raised during the walk goes to poor and needy kids in underdeveloped countries.
Pre-recorded segments are interspersed. These include locker jokes, a scene in the living room where Lance eats Marc's foot bath thinking that it's salty soup (with the first of several appearances by a black dog), and a scene in the dungeon featuring the roast of Kevin Somers - in an electric chair.
Back on location, radios are given away to some of the participants that correctly answer questions about the walk. Sarah and Christine continually tease Marc. Throughout the show, he tries working up the courage to ask Sarah out, seeking advice from Ross and Jono. He is hesitant to pounce on her, as Ross suggests, and when Jono shows him how she grabs him and rolls around with him, saying "Jono, I love you!"
After finally getting a dose of Geritol while lying on his back, Mr. Dime jumps up and races to the walk, but is pulled over by a cop for running too fast.
Production: Sore Foot
- Checkpoint 4 is described as the Sri Lankan checkpoint at Radcliffe Park
- The Cat Stevens music video is shown, but is cut short after just 30 seconds
- A walk participant named "Chantal Tremblay" is in the crowd of kids and briefly spoken with (not to be confused with the 1989 cast member of the same name)
- It's announced that a celebrity auction is taking place later that afternoon, including a date with Christine and Kevin Somers (with Les as the chauffeur) and Ruth Buzzi's autographed picture
- This episode was replayed the following week, so that any of the participating kids would have the chance to see themselves on the show.
Original Air Date: May 05, 1979
US Air Date: unaired
Starring: Jonothan Gebert, Jim Johnson, Les Lye, Christine McGlade, Elizabeth Mitchell, Kevin Schenk, Kevin Somers
Writers: Geoffrey Darby, Roger Price
Director: Geoffrey Darby
- Cat Stevens - "(Remember the Days of the) Old School Yard"