Episode No: 12
Title: Episode Twelve
After receiving high ratings weeks prior, Mr. Dime praises the program and takes full credit. Kevin Schenk keeps kicking Mr. Dime until he puts him on the show. Wearing an "I'm with Stupid" shirt, Kevin Somers thinks that impersonators are ripping off their show (referring to WTYO). Jono and Christine make fun of him. Cartoonist Jim Unger appears on the link set and offers an autographed book for the cartoon caption contest.
Christine introduces some of the cut scenes from WTYO featuring Ruth Buzzi, including the infamous theater scene and Ruth getting slimed and pied. The winners of the airplane contest appear on air. Kevin Somers hires Ross to sue the guy that impersonates him on WTYO, forking over more wads of money, to ultimately sue himself. The winners of the model building contest appear on air.
Kevin Somers makes fun of Jono's nose, including a bit of time where Jono wears a brown bag over his head. Helping to defend him, Christine makes fun of Somers' lips. There are more locker jokes. Christine complains that all parents in the Ottawa area are unfair and unjust, followed by the roving camera. In the end, their sponsored Meters for Millions walker teaches the rest of the kids in the cast how to walk.
Production: "You Can't Do That on Television is not a network production yet."
- Memorable line: Kevin Somers has been stabbed in the back in the Doctor's office, and the Doc says "You must be one of those kids who works in television."
- Closing credit: "Staging - D'uhh...are we not men?"
- At the very end of the show, a "Kidstuff" title card appears and the theme music plays. The cast jumps through it and says, "Not this week. No need to change the channel."
Original Air Date: April 28, 1979
US Air Date: unaired
Starring: Jonothan Gebert, Jim Johnson, Les Lye, Christine McGlade, Elizabeth Mitchell, Kevin Schenk, Kevin Somers
Guest Star: Ruth Buzzi, Jim Unger
Writers: Geoffrey Darby, Roger Price
Director: Geoffrey Darby
STAGE POLLUTIONGreen Slime: Ruth Buzzi
Pie: Elizabeth Mitchell, Ruth Buzzi
Egg: Kevin Somers
- Johnny Rivers - "Slow Dancin' (Swayin' to the Music)"
- Kiss - "Love 'Em or Leave 'Em"
- KC and the Sunshine Band - "Do You Feel All Right"
- Elizabeth breaks one of the records when showing the phone-in contest prizes.
- After the Kiss video, it cuts back to the link set - Jono and Kevin Somers are looking at the little TV off-screen and feedback can be heard when CJOH comes on. After a few seconds, a hand cues them and the feedback is finally silenced.